Thursday, September 4, 2008

thanks

On behalf of our family, I would like to thank everyone who has shown honor to my (our) dear father during this time. Dad was one of those people who loved everyone for who they were, and never had a negative word to say about anyone. He was a Christian first and foremost. He was a loyal husband, a kind and gentle father, and a doting grandfather. He was a hard worker, a true lover of his fellow man, and selfless above all things. As I look back on my time with him, I will always remember his smile, and his big catcher's mitt hands, but most of all his genuine humility. He was a true gem, a vessel of God's love, and we will dearly miss him.
Erik

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey Erik,

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.

Blessings brother!
Sandy and Tammy

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Your words are so beautiful about your father. It gave me a great picture of what he was like. In life we have to cherish those memories. It's the memories that carry us through the hard times.

If there is anything we can do let us know

We love you,
Kevin, Lacey & Whit

Brad and Shana said...

Beautiful tribute!!

Nana Elaine said...

Erik,
What comfort to know your Dad is with Jesus and he has left such a wonderful legacy.
I pray you will experience the peace of God as never before as you walk through the next few days with your family.
May God Bless you!
Love to you and Angie,
Elaine

Joe_R said...

I know these past days have been hard, and your heart is overwhelmed right now.

But as I read your post I could not help but think how awesome our God is. By His design, and in His love for you He has guaranteed that you will spend eternity with your dad.

Rest in His guarantee my friend, and praise Him often, especially when it hurts the most.

Joe

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson