Wednesday, September 24, 2008

See You at the Pole


Praise the Lord, we had a great turn out this morning for See You at the Pole at Murray County High. There were probably 30 kids, and some staff, out there. Around 7:00 a.m. I was beginning to get worried that maybe I would be the only one standing out there, but by 7:20 there was a nice turnout. And the good part was that many of the other kids in the school had to walk past us to go in the door. Hopefully they were able to see God in the faithfulness of the students and staff. The students led prayer and sang a couple of songs, and one girl read several passages from the Bible. It was nice. Just when I was beginning to think that most kids were completely blind and deaf to the Gospel, these kids made me see otherwise. Monitoring In-School Suspension can make you bitter towards kids, but it was great to see that there are still so many kids with good hearts and a desire to do right and please God. Thank God for their parents. Love you guys!
Erik

PS...Pray for me guys, because this year of ISS has been awful. I am finding it very hard to show the love of Christ while being a firm, and often times very firm, teacher.

2 comments:

Maddie said...

So nice to catch a glimer of hope in this dismal world we live in!

jonesfamily said...

This was one of my favorite days when I taught school. It helps you to remember that these kids are trying and need postive influences in their lives. I am so glad you got to participate!!

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson