Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My day

Guys if you don't believe that God is working in our lives every day, let me tell you a quick story about my day so far. As soon as my wife and I got in the car this morning, and I cranked the engine, our theme song from weekend 31 began playing, as if it had been cued up for that exact moment. The sky was a beautiful brush stroke of red and orange, and I looked at my wife and said, "He's telling us something today, isn't He?"
If you don't know, I work at a school and I am in charge of In-School Suspension (it's like having detention all day), and this year has been particularly difficult. One teacher told me yesterday that the 10th grade class this year is the worst she's seen in 40 years. I believe it. Of the 243 different kids I've had in ISS this year, 139 have been 10th graders or kids who are one or two credits from being 10th graders. So today as I was taking the kids to lunch they were just irritating me, and I felt like snapping. We eat lunch at the same time as the severly special ed. class, and one of the students in that class asked me how I was doing. I said, "I can't complain, how about you?" She looked me square in the eye and said, "At least we have Jesus." Wow! I was like, "Yes, we do young lady. I needed that. Thank you!" It's amazing how God reveals himself in "the least of these."

Have a great one guys!
De Colores,

3 comments:

Maddie said...

I just don't think I could ever get tired of hearing stories of how God is in the "small stuff" in each of our lives. He is such a good God!

Tammy Howard said...

I needed to hear that today Erik! Thanks!

I'm glad you had a great weekend!

De Colores brother.

Jenny said...

That is so awesome and so true. Thank you for sharing that Erik!

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson