Friday, November 14, 2008

It's so terrible...but I cannot stop laughing

Okay, so at age 30 my body is falling apart right before your very eyes. The doc said my cholesterol and trigliceride levels are too high; I more than likely have type 2 diabetes, and today the sleep lab called and said I have severe sleep apnea, which left un-treated could kill me in my sleep. No wonder I feel like Rip Van Winkle all day long. Oh well, at least most of my body parts still work. I mean it does not take a Harvard grad to figure out that being overweight is causing all this. If only I could just stop eating, or maybe if I just ate Jello from now on. And even though these things are severe, I am not getting down about it. I have been down about stupid things my entire life. I know that these things can be treated, but most of all I know God is in control. If I didn't have that hope, I would be in a bad place right now. I lived through most of my 20s (almost all of them) in a bad place away from God, hopeless and afraid, but not any more. God will see me through.

Well, back to trying to stay awake ha-ha. Love you guys!
EG

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Great attitude! So, are you going to start sleeping with a sleep apnea machine??

Sandy said...

Hey E,

I just got a chance to catch up some of the blogs. You have a great attitude, but most of all you are in a better place with God. I heard that they are trying to get a "Silver Sneakers" class together at church... maybe the two of us could start going to that... right now that is probably the speed I need to get back in the swing of things and lose this extra weight that I have put on! Don't you just love "stress eating"??? NOT!!!

Love you guys!
Sandy

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson