Thursday, August 21, 2008

R.I.P LeRoi Moore


Many of us have been inspired over the years by the music of the Dave Matthews Band; I know I have. On Tuesday, the DMB's saxophone player LeRoi Moore died of complications from injuries he suffered in a recent ATV accident. He was 46. LeRoi never basked in the spotlight, but make no mistake, he was fabulously talented. He was also the coolest cat on the block. I am terribly saddened by the death of this masterful musician. It pains me to no end that murderers, thugs, rapists, and other scum continue to live on, while a true gem like LeRoi is taken so young. Please pray for LeRoi's family.

On the DMB's Web site, the band left a statement:
"We are deeply saddened that LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. LeRoi had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program."

--
I also heard today that the younger of my two nieces, Michelle, who is 16, totalled her car at some point last week/weekend. She is fine, but as you can imagine it has been a wild series of events for my sister, brother-in-law, and the rest of the family. Continue to pray for strength for them all.

--


Keep up the prayers folks!

--Erik

2 comments:

Cyndi Lou said...

We will be praying for your family! Thank you for sharing with us.

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Kevin & I will be praying for your family.

Lacey H

How's School?

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson