Friday, March 28, 2008

Green's Game Notes: Volume I

If you flip to the sports section of your newspaper you will generally find brief game notes at the end of game stories, such as "Alex Rodriguez hit his 17th homer of the season, his second in three games...Red Sox left fielder Manny Ramirez was scratched from the lineup due to pain in his left hamstring." Since I often have a short attention span I enjoy those. I sometimes have a short writing attention span as well, so here is the first installment of Green's game notes, which focus on our life.

On Thursday we went with Jennifer to Abigail's t-ball practice and had a nice time. The day was gorgeous and I got to toss the ball around with Abby, but I had to duck out of the field to keep from interfering with practice. Remember Erik, the coach is in charge. Angie and I kept an eye on Lilly as she toddled around the park...

Keep Ramona Connor in your prayers; she is the wife of a former boss who I have worked for twice in my life. Romona is maybe the biggest Bama fan on planet earth. She is battling breast cancer right now. Years ago she had a kidney transplant and it has failed since her bout with cancer began, so things look very grim for her. She is a dear sweet lady...

Keep Angie in your prayers as well. She has to administer the CRCT test (the big standardized test for third grade) next week and is super stressed about it. But she will do fine...

Our health kick is going well so far, but it usually does during the first week when adrenaline is eager to flow. Keep us in prayer. Ask God to enable us to complete this 180 in our lives and stay healthy. Along those lines, I found a fantastic Web site for keeping up with your calories and helping you organize your diet. It's: http://www.thedailyplate.com/ ...

In other news, ESPN has loads of Bama and Dodgers news up today. It's a good day....

It's three days until Giants at Dodgers to open the season. Hallelujah!

--Erik

3 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Hey Erik-

I've been using SparkPeople.com for weightloss help and motivation.

It also helps you track what you eat, and gives suggestions, and shows workout routines (that you can do from home) etc.

Take a look at it, you might find it interesting.

We'll be praying. I admire you for being transparrent, and for desiring to live a more healthier life.

Shana

Maddie said...

I admire you guys too! It is hard to change what you are used to. We changed the way we eat over a year ago and it took awhile for it to become the "norm". It now takes me FOREVER in the grocery store because I read the label of everything before it goes in my cart! We will be praying for you guys!

jonesfamily said...

Your slacker sister could do much better with the eating thing...oh well..so much for that...LOL...Thanks for all the help the past couple of weeks. I don't think I could make it without y'all!

Jenn

Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day


Favorite authors


NPR Topics: Books

NPR Topics: Arts & Entertainment

ESPN Feed: Wright Thompson